Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Northanger Abbey and ripped out projects

I started a scarf about 6 times while watching this show-I wanted something easier to work on than my embroidered floral afghan. But I finally gave up and started an aran mini purse for my niece-not big enough for photos yet. I found this novel pretty fluffy-I don't think I've seen another version of it but that's fine with me. The show did have some nice dancing scenes and scenery-but not much character development. Now I'll have to read the book to see if there is more substance to it than appeared on screen! So I looked at Ravelry and there are a mere 6900+ people ahead of me on the waiting list. I'll probably forget about it by the time I get invited to join! Is it really worth it???

4 comments:

Amy said...

Yes, for me, it's like heaven on earth! ;-) Plus I love to have other people share my obsession. ;)

I was surprised I like N.A. - couldn't knit though - I was too cold!

pdxkatie said...

It's definitely worth it and the Ravelry girls burn through that list pretty fast. Only a warning - Rav is so cool, it can suck you in for hours!!!!!

Rose said...

I love it, love it, love it! It's my main net time killer!

ReadingKnitter01 said...

Okay, I got onto Ravelry this week and started using it-I do like it- made me actually use my Flickr account and sign up for another RSS feed so it was good practice. I can see how it might be time consuming!!