Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Introduction

Hi everyone - I just joined this KAL and wanted to introduce myself. I started reading Jane Austen back in high school when I read Pride and Prejudice (which, by virtue of being the first Jane Austen book that I read, remains my favorite). Then I saw the original BBC productions and started reading some of the other books. I'm looking forward to seeing all the installments of this new adaptations. In college, for my speech class I had to do a dialogue, and I chose the dialogue between Elizabeth and Lady Catherine and had great fun with that.

I'm about to start on my very first lace shawl. I will be using the pattern for the Invisibility Shawl from Charmed Knits. Even though it is a pattern from a Harry Potter themed book, I think a lace shawl would be a suitable project for a Jane Austen KAL. I'm also wanting to sew myself a regency dress, but I don't know if I ever will get around to doing that.

My blog is ILovePolarBears and I'm treesh on Ravelry but I haven't done much there yet.

I'm looking forward to discussing the books and adaptations!

No comments: