Saturday, February 2, 2008

Question about yarn




Happy Saturday! I haven’t knit much this week or during last week’s Jane movie because things have been really busy at work. I’ve been almost too tired to knit! But I do have an interesting story and a question to ask you all. Last weekend (in anticipation of the coming week’s havoc), I was a bit worried and down. I went into my stash room to find comfort in the possibilities and the colors and the texture of the wool. (Does anyone else find the presence of yarn and its possible futures comforting??) Well, we have the heat off in that room since we don’t go in there often (really, so the wool doesn’t get too warm. After all, it is wool and there’s so much of it, it doesn’t need any more heat—but don’t tell my husband this is the reason; he thinks we do it to save energy). Anyway, so it’s cold in there and I wore my coat. I was tired and uninspired and spent, so I made a little pile of some inspiring wool to rest on.

Well, my husband came looking for me. When he opened the door, I had my head on the wool and my face and body covered with my coat. Do you know what he said when he saw me there?? “Wow, you look like a drug addict passed out in the street!”

So, my question: do you think my behavior is odd??

5 comments:

Nea said...

That doesn't sound odd to me at all. But I can understand how non-knitters would find our modes of inspiration a bit odd.

Anonymous said...

Odd? Absolutely not. I have a "yarn closet", and often pull everything out under the pretense that it needs "re-organizing", but really it's to surround myself with all the smells, textures and colors that my yarn treasure offers. It's corny, but it somehow makes me feel good and hopeful for future possibilities...

Treesh said...

Odd? How could that be odd? I just don't think he understands.

ReadingKnitter01 said...

I have so much I can't even get it into the closet anymore! My argument is that I teach people to knit and i am always needing yarn for little projects to get them going. Then when I teach classes, I get many more donations than I can give away....So it just grows, as fast as we knit! I got onto Ravelry- looking forward to exploring and showing off my stash.

Stephanie... said...

Are you married to my husband??? Actually, I don't think it's odd at all. I have a big wood steamer trunk in which I keep my stash. Like autumnafternoon, I have to "reorganize" it from time to time. My DH keeps asking me when we can use the trunk for something else......AS IF!