Monday, March 31, 2008

Sense and Sensibility

I wasn't sure how this could top the movie version (with Emma Thompson and Kate Winslet and High Grant) but it is actually pretty good. Marianne grew more appealing as the show developed. I'd like to watch it again-all at one time. Didn't get any knitting done though except for sewing together some fingerless gloves for a swap. This week I also watched the Kiera Knightly version of Pride and Prejudice and found it really insulting. No character development--Darcy looks like a kicked puppy throughout--Wickham was cuter. The only part that was probably more realistic was all of the backstage stuff-like Mr. Bennett following the pig through the house and the people working outside in the rain and the fact that every room shown wasn't decorated to the nines. Still- a waste of time in my opinion!

1 comment:

Stephanie... said...

I agree that this is pretty well done but I've always had a tough time with the character of Marianne--too smug in her righteousness. I also agree with your synopsis of P&P!