Saturday, March 22, 2008

Finally....Pics

Here they are. The pics I've been promising. And we get to watch Emma on Sunday. Emma is my favorite. In order to keep my Jane Austen love going, I just watched Sense and Sensibility with Emma Thompson and Kate Winslet. I (heart) Col. Brandon. Yum-yum-yummy. Alan Rickman's voice just does it for me. I watched the Jane Austen Book Club a few weeks ago, and felt that it was just okay at first. Now I find myself thinking about it more and more. "Life with out Jane Austen is not worth living," and "We could do worse than to use Jane Austen books as guides for living," are some good lines fromt the movie that have been staying with me. Besides, one group member is always knitting, and even starts to teach someone else how to knit. I reccommend it

First pic: Socks for my dad. My first toe-up socks, and my first men's socks. Pretty good. I used Lion Wool and a mixture of techniques that I've looked at over the years. I just used a simple rib in order to keep me from getting too confused.








Next pics: Monkey socks (Cookie A. pattern from knitty.com) for my sister. She found some yarn that she wanted socks out of from her LYS. She doesn't knit, but I think that she might have a yarn addiction. These are hand dyed and the colorway is called "Muppets in Space." I love the colors: blues and purples. The color didn't set well, so my fingers were often tinged with a faint dark blue hue. These were also toe-ups and I had to take out the cuff in order do a better bind off. I like the result. They look big in this pic because my feet are smaller than my sister's.


Here they are closer:




Looking forward to Emma,
Lynn

No comments: